Podiatric Benefits Explanation
What is an Explanation of Benefits (EOB)?
An explanation of benefits form is also commonly known as an EOB. It’s a statement health insurance companies send out to patients explaining the various medical treatments, procedures, or services they paid on the patient’s behalf.
AN EOB IS NOT A BILL.
An EOB typically describes:
- In general, all EOBs must provide the type of service performed with the insurer’s code, date of service, and service description.
- EOBs will also include the name of the person/place that provided the service, the patient’s name, and other pertinent information.
- Patients also find physicians’ fees and which costs the insurer allowed. For instance, patients will see a fee amount initially claimed by the doctor or hospital, minus various reductions the insurer will apply.
- Each explanation of benefits form will state any out-of-pocket fees the patient may be responsible for paying.
- In addition, most statements will have at least a brief explanation of any denied claim fees.
- Lastly, EOBs will have a disclosure statement from the insurer for patients who need to start an appeal process regarding questionable charges.
Sagis’ Billing Policy
Important Note: At times, insurance companies may process claims incorrectly due to a wide variety of reasons. Errors could, therefore, result in an inaccurate estimation of your payment responsibilities or even a denial of the service claim.
As such, please do not send in your payment to Sagis until you receive a bill directly from us. We may already be attempting to rectify any errors with the insurance company.
However, should you receive a bill from Sagis and still suspect possible billing errors, don’t hesitate to contact us directly. Call us toll-free at 1-877-MY-SAGIS (1-877-697-2447); we’re always happy to help.